A new information portal developed with funding from Quebec’s Immigration Ministry allows immigrants to check their credentials online and also helps in case how to get those missing credentials. It helps immigration candidates with questions about getting their foreign credentials recognised for employment in Quebec province.
The new portal known as MIDI, qualificationsquebec.com allows candidates to know if their profession is regulated and if not, what are the things required for them to have their education, training and work experience assessed. Main features of this new portal,MIDI, are as follows:
- Information on job prospects for one’s profession in various regions of Quebec.
- Counselors are also available for all your queries either online or by phone to assist you.
- All current information is in French in Beta version, but counselors can assist you in English.
Previously, a expertise group Qualification Montreal provided similar services in Montreal area. MIDI now uses expertise of this group for all the immigrant related queries in whole of Quebec.
MIDI describes mandate for Qualification Montreal as follows:
- Facilitating the recognition of skills by institutions in Quebec’s education and higher education network.
- Promote skills recognition services.
- Offer training and intervention tools to those engaged in the field of skills recognition.
- Set up intervention teams, in consultation with relevant partners, which can propose solutions to specific problems that may rise in the recognition of skills.
The new portal,MIDI, is a collaborative effort of Qualification Quebec, Quebec’s Ministry of Education and Higher learning, Employment and Social Solidarity.