Permanent Residency Visa
By applying Australia Permanent Residency, you can become a permanent resident of Australia, allowing you to stay in Australia for an indefinite period of time. The Australia Permanent Residency allows you to work, research and settle in Australia for a 5-year term. Upon having 3 years of formal work experience, you are allowed to change the citizenship status. In addition, the Best PR Visa Consultants Australia Permanent Residency visa allows you to move with family members.
The Australian government’s most common and prevalent visas include skilled visas for work, family, study, and training.
Benefits of Immigration To Australia
For a person who decides to move permanently to Australia, Here are numerous advantages of Australia Permanent Residency.
- Stay in Australia on a permanent basis
- Work and study across Australia
- Enroll in the Medicare program, Australia’s public health care scheme
- Sponsor your family and relatives to come and stay in Australia
- Travel in an out Australia for 5 years
- If applicable, apply to become an Australian Citizen
Eligibility requirements for Australian PR
- Should have an invitation to apply
You can only apply for this visa if you receive an invitation to apply. Before applying, you will need to submit an expression of interest (EOI), which allows you to stand against the other applicants in the pool. The ITA (Invitation to apply) is given on the Basis of Occupation In Demand on a regular basis.
- Complete a suitable skills assessment
While applying for a visa, you should have the required skills assessment done. The evaluation of experience must be carried out within 3 years of obtaining an invitation to apply.
The age must be less than 45 on the day you receive an ITA (Invitation to apply)
- Score 65 points or more
You will score at least 65 points on the point calculator for a Australia Permanent Residency visa. Once you send the EOI through Skill Select, you will obtain an indicative point score based on the claims made in the EOI, which may exceed 65 points, depending on your claims in the EOI.
- English Proficiency
If you receive an ITA (Invitation to apply), you should have a qualified level of English.
- Meet skilled occupation requirement
It is important for your job to be listed on Occupation Demand List. If the specific occupation is not listed in the specific list, you can also select an occupation that is closely related.
- Meet suitable health requirement
All related health conditions must be fulfilled by you and your family members applying for this visa. Family members who do not follow the main applicant may also need to meet the necessary health requirements if appropriate.
- Meet character requirement
You and your family members over the age of 16 who apply for this visa will meet the Australian government’s character criteria. Nevertheless, all family members who do not accompany Australia’s main applicant also need to meet the required character requirements.
- Pay back the debt to the Australian Government
If you own any outstanding debt to the Australian Government, or any of your family members, then it should be repaid or agreed to be repaid in that period.
Australian PR Visa Categories majorly opted by Indian Citizens
Some of the most prominent immigration pathways majorly chosen by individuals include:
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): A non-sponsored visa which does not require a nominator or a sponsor; should have an invitation to apply; should be aged below 45; should check whether the occupation is listed in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): Nomination required by a State or Territory Government. Also, occupation needs to be listed under the Short-term Strategic Skills List (STSOL).
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 491): In order to apply under this visa, one should possess sponsorship from a suitable relative living in some designated area or by a state or territory government.
Cost of applying for an Australian PR
The visa application charges for the skilled visa subclass 189, 190 and 491 can be briefed as follows:
|Stream||Main applicant||Additional applicant charge (18 years or above)||Additional applicant charge (less than 18 years)|
|Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189, 190 and 491||AUD 4,045||AUD 2,020||AUD 1,015|
The applicant also needs to pay additional charges for police clearance, health examinations along with other important documents.